Monday, April 15, 2013

Describe how using social networking technologies changes how you communicate with your family and friends.

I use social networking to communicate with almost all of my family members and friends all over the world.  I have friends in Germany and Brazil that without social networking like skype and facebook I wouldn't be able to talk to them without it costing me an arm and a leg.  It's not just for those few friends that are across the world it's also for those friends that are 45 mins away from me that I can't see every day like my family back home.  Social media has its ups and downs but keeping in contact with those people that are close to you is priceless.

2 comments:

  1. Its interesting to hear you be active on social media with your family members because I am the complete opposite. The only family members I stay in contact with on social media are cousins that are my age and a few aunts. Most of older relatives are reluctant to get FB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to hear that you can keep it touch with friends separated by distance. I use it mostly to communicate with friends on campus because usually 99% of people have a smart device on them.

    ReplyDelete